Friday, February 23, 2018

Lucky Waterfall Card



Happy Friday!! I have set a goal for myself to showcase at least one new card a day... so far so good this week!  Today I'm sharing a fun interactive card.  Waterfall cards have always scared me, as I thought they would be super hard to make.  So I put my fear aside and set out to finally conquer this fun card!!




To start this card, I first had to print out my digital stamp. I chose to use the cute little Clover Slushy as the main image for my card.  I printed the image on Mi-Teintes paper ~ the BEST paper for colored pencils in my opinion. I then cut all the cardstock I would be using for this card.


Cardstock Dimensions:
Base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Mat 4 1/8 x 53/8 (optional)
Patterned Paper 4 x 5 1/4
(4) image mats 2x2
(4) image squares 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 (colored pencil paper)
Pull tab 2 x 9
Strap to hold pull tab in place 1 x 4 1/4

Next, I stamped the remaining 3 squares with random Studio G St. Patrick's Day themed stamps.  Now onto the best part... COLORING!!



Once I had all my images colored, it was time to start assembling the waterfall card.  I did chalk all the edges of my pieces before assembling. Adhere the patterned paper and mat to your base.  Glue your stamped images to their mats as well.

Add the strap piece about 3/4 the way down your card ONLY on the sides.  You'll come back later and add your brads. Next you'll want to score the pull tab at 2", 2 3/4", 3 1/2" and 4 1/4".



Before assembling the waterfall, I decided to stamp my sentiment to ensure I got a smooth stamp that wasn't affected by all the layers.  Just below the 4 1/4" score line you'll want to place your sentiment.




You're next step would be to place the waterfall tab under the strap you adhered on the card base.   Using a 1" circle die, I centered that on the pull tab, only using half of the circle.  Remove the pull tab and run that through the BigShot to cut a half circle from the base.



Now, lets assemble the waterfall tab.  You'll want to place a strip of double sided tape to the TOP of each stamped image square (after you matted them).  Place the adhesive top just below the SCORE line.  Do this for all 4 images.



Slide the waterfall pull tab back under the strap.  Place a piece of double sided tape to the BOTTOM image and center that along the bottom edge of the strap.  This will hold that tab in place.  


Add your 2 brads to the sides of the strap using a handheld hole punch.  Cut a piece of ribbon and staple that to the middle of the tab along the bottom, centered between the earlier cut circle.


Here's a video of the waterfall in motion. (I'm not a video person so bare with me through this one lol)



For this fun card I used the following goodies:
KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ DS Clover Slushy
Bazzill cardstock
Canson Mi-Teintes Paper
Prismacolor Pencils
Studio G St. Patty's Day stamps
Archival Jet Black Ink
Distress Ink ~ mowed lawn and peeled paint
Archival Ink ~ Jet Black
ColorBox Chalk ~ Green Apple
Kuuqa Circle Stitched Dies
Sookwang Double Sided Tape
Brads
Ribbon







1 comment:

  1. Darling card. Love the tutorial and the video showing it in action.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete