Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Sweet as Cupcakes

I've been meaning to make an eclipse card forever since I've seen one.. well I decided today was the day!  I don't have a lot of sentiment/word dies, so I opted to create my layers using my Cameo.  This way, I get to use my favorite fonts and any size I feel works with my card.  






So I chose to use the CK Cupcake Bears file from KaDoodle Bug Designs.  I only wanted to use one of the cute cupcakes, so I picked my favorite from the included jpeg file and traced/detached that in the Silhouette Studio.  I created my eclipse word Sweet using Blenda Script font.  I did offset it to give it a little bolder appearance.  

As you can see below, this is my print and cut setup.  The text will not show up on the print as I am only showing you in the example.  I have turned off a fill and outline for the text.  After it printed, I used my Cameo to cut the rectangle and the text from the area.







I then cut 3 more layers of the word Sweet so it would pop up the original cutout.  I glued all the layers together, with the cutout from my printed image on top.

I created a 4 x 5 1/4" base in the software and positioned my text where I wanted it to print.  I filled the lettering black and make the text outline black, then printed it.  I cut the piece of pink paper down to the 4 x 5 1/4" mat.

I cut a piece of patterned paper using the Die-namics Bracket Edge die.  I carefully placed that under the white printed section, ensuring the paper did not show through my "sweet" cutout.  I added one last small rectangle of patterned paper under the bracket to give a little more color.  I went ahead and placed my blue mat to my white card base.

To add texture to the card, I wanted to add a pretty pink/white twine bow. Once attached and tied, I glued my pink base to the whole card base.  I then added my layered "Sweet" back to the cutout area.

No card is complete without some added bling.  I added some stickles to my frosting and a few Nuvo drops as well.



Here you can see how the additional layers have popped up the text.




For this fun card I used the following:
KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ CK Cupcake Bears
doodlebug designs ~ sugar shoppe paper pad
MFT Die-namics ~ Bracket Edge Duo Dies
ColorBox Chalk ~ Berrylicious
Gelly Roll Pen ~ Black
Scrappy Moms Twine
Nuvo Crystal Drops ~ Glitter Drops Pink Champagne
Stickles ~ Cotton Candy






No comments:

Post a Comment