Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Earth Revolve Around You?

Everyone knows that one person that thinks the world revolves around them lol.  So I thought it'd be cute to make a card for someone special today using the Kindred Stamps Outer Space set.  I found a really cool paper stack at Hobby Lobby that goes perfectly with this stamp set.  Here are the pieces I used from the set, colored and ready to go.


For the sentiment, I wanted to use some embossing powder on the black cardstock, so I stamped my sentiment using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and a VersaMark watermark stamp pad. 


I added some Nuvo white embossing powder and heated it.  Then added some white dots with my white pen.


What better for the Earth to be revolving, than creating a slider where it's actually revolving!  I used my Lawn Fawn die to create the slider hole.



I adhered my cutout ring to my card base where I wanted the slider to be.  I then attached the top base layer using foam tape around the cutout.  You'll notice that I did not use a penny for the slider.  I used an old sewing machine bobbin.  They tend to make the decorated piece slide better and I don't have to worry about tape causing the piece to slide. 

I then added my Earth to the top of the bobbin and adhered my sentiment and card front is done.  I did stamp the inside to say "but I do"  Cheesy?  Maybe , but it's cute lol



And here you can see the slider in motion


Goodies used on this fun card:
Kindred Stamps ~ Outer Space Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn ~ Slide on Over Circles
Pink & Main ~ Stitched Round Circle Dies
Paper Studio ~ Stargaer Mat Stack
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Archival Ink ~ Jet Black
PixScan Mat
Silhouette Cameo
BigShot
VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
Nuvo Embossing Powder ~ Glacier White
Signo White Pen
Sewing Machine Bobbin
Foam Tape





No comments:

Post a Comment