Monday, June 4, 2018

Hugs for all

Florals are such beautiful images to color.  When I placed my last order with Pink & Main, I got this beautiful Mini Floral stamp as well.  I thought it would be fun to layer the stamp around one of the rectangle dies with a bold sentiment in the middle.  Who would have thought it would be so easy to create!? 



I started out by tracing the rectangle die I was going to use on my Bristol paper.  I stamped my first mini floral stamp in the corner, then stamped it on a post-it note to use as a mask.


I then cut out around the stamped image to create my mask.  I then stamped the same floral stamp on the other side of the paper, leaving part of the stamped image outside the rectangle.


I then repeated the same steps along the bottom edge of the card.


Time to color all these beautiful flowers.  I used my Zig watercolor markers ~ the soft colors really make these florals beautiful.


I then added my bold sentiment.  I was going to stamp and emboss it, but thought it would be fun to layer the wording and add a little distress ink background around it.  I then lined up my stitched die along the line I traced earlier.  Using a little washi tape to hold the die in place, I then ran it through the BigShot to cut out the card front.


Last step is to adhere it to the card base, add one more layer of the sentiment, and then finish any embellishing.


Simple yet beautiful!

Goodies used on this beautiful card:
Pink & Main ~ Mini Floral Stamp
Pink & Main ~ Hugs Needed Die
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Watercolor Markers
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Archival Jet Black Ink
Strathmore Bristol Paper
Distress Oxide ~ seedless preserves
Nuvo Crystal Drops ~ Glitter Drops Pink Champagne
Signo White Pen
Bazzill Cardstock
BigShot

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment