Friday, June 22, 2018

Masculine Hello Card

Making manly cards is always a challenge for me.  It's hard to create a card without some sort of bling or pink!  So this morning I stepped out of my box and tried a quick and easy attempt at a masculine card.

I love the look of embossed metal tape and thought that would be perfect for this card.  But I wanted something extra on the tape, so I thought about seeing all those cool alcohol ink projects using tin foil/metal tape.  

I started out cutting a couple pieces of tape and white cardstock.


I then attached those pieces to the cardstock so it would be a little studier when I embossed it.


Time to get messy!  I dropped some alcohol inks in blue, green, yellow, slate and silver around the tape and used my distress tool to blotch it.


Next, I dried my metal tape with my heat gun and ran it through the BigShot in a gear embossing folder.


How fun is this piece to add to this card?!


I knew I was going to use the bold Hello sentiment die from Pink & Main, but I wanted a little something extra that didn't take away from the metal piece or the hello die cut.  I chose to use part of one of the sentiments from the Fire Up stamp set from Pink & Main.  I covered the word "hey" on the stamp with washi tape, then stamped the rest.  Prior to stamping, I did die cut my mini tab so I could get the stamp in the position I liked easier.


I LOVE using these big bold sentiments.  The die cuts are amazing!


Now it's time to assemble the card. I laid the card out to get a feel of where I wanted to glue everything in place.  I realized at this point, my metal tape was too wide, so I cut that down.


I inked my edges of the gear paper and the metal foil ~ I don't like to see the white core so I covered it with black soot Distress Ink.


Now that I was happy with all the pieces, time to adhere it and finish the card.  I love how this card turned out.  Simple yet a lot of fun! 




Goodies used on this card:
Pink & Main ~ Hello Dies
Pink & Main ~ Fired Up Stamp Set
BigShot
DCWV ~ Tattered Time Stack
MFT Die-namics Mini Tab Dies
Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Archival Jet Black Ink
Distress Ink ~ Black Soot
Bazzil Cardstock




No comments:

Post a Comment