Wednesday, June 20, 2018

My Patronus is....

If you are not a member of the Kindred Stamps Fan Club group on Facebook you really need to join!  They are running a super fun challenge until July 20th ~ the challenge is to mash 2 of their sets to create a project.  Some sets jell well together and some will require some thinking.  So, being the nerdy sci-fi chick I am, I knew what I was going to create.

I used the awesome Wizard Friends and Time Traveler set. Can you guess where this is going?!?


My images are coloring using my Zig watercolor markers.  I love the ease of them and the bright colors they product.

Next, I needed to create my space background.  I used a piece of Mixed Media paper and 3 distress inks.


First, I applied the tumbled glass in the areas I wanted to be the lightest.  You can always apply more later to blend out the colors so I tend to add a lot of this just in case.


Next I used the chipped sapphire, trying to keep as much light blue as I could.  This paper does not dry right away, allowing the ink to blend well, but it can get messy and leave fingerprints behind.


When I have the blues to my liking, I come in with some dusty concord to give it a little purple haze in the darker areas.  This combo is perfect for the night sky.


I did use my heat gun to speed up the drying - I am very impatient when it comes to dry times lol.

Now it's time to add my sky to my card base and mat and finish it up.


My two worlds combined!  I LOVE both of these series and was super excited to mix these stamp sets up.  My sentiment was created in my Silhouette software and printed.  Super easy!  Be sure to join the fun challenge!!

Goodies on this card:
Kindred Stamps ~ Wizard Friends
Kindred Stamps ~ Time Traveler
Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers
Bristol paper
Mixed Media Paper
Distress Ink
Archival Jet Black Ink
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
BigShot
MFT Washi Tape Dies
Paper Studio Stargazer paper stack
Studio G Foam Dots





2 comments:

  1. AMAZING! I utterly LOVE this fabby creation. So so fun, the perfect mash up! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much!! I love these sets and can watch both series on repeat and not get bored lol

      Delete