Friday, April 13, 2018

For the love of baseball....

Baseball is one of my all time favorite sports.  I grew up watching baseball games with my Grandma, who always watched the Braves so that's where my love for the team stems from.  When I met my amazing husband, he too was a baseball fan!  He told me early on Pete Rose was his cousin ~ can you imagine being related the Big Red Machine?!?  So of course he is a Reds fan.  Thankfully we both share the love of the game and like each others teams.  

When KaDoodle Bug Designs released the new Baseball Cutie, I knew it would be a great file to use on a couple pages in my travelers journal.  But of course i had to rep both of our teams since we've been lucky to attend both home fields.


I started out by created digital paper for both pages - one for each team.


Each got matted on white cardstock and applied to my pages.


Now time to cut that adorable baseball cutie!!


I assembled my bigger cuties in the same fashion I always do.  Each one is created to represent my hubby and I so their eye colors match ours lol.


I wanted to make a decorated paperclip as well since I can't get enough of this file.  She's roughly 1.5" wide and 1.5" tall. So everything was cut a lot smaller.  I doubled the base piece so you wouldn't see the paperclip. 


Time to assemble the little ball.


I ran both of my backing pieces through my Xyron so they would hold together better.


I removed the backing from the piece ran through the Xyron and added a paperclip where I wanted it to be.


Then put your two pieces together, sandwiching the paperclip in the middle.  And there you have a custom made clip.


Next up was creating the mini albums to hold my pics and any mementos I wanted to add from our trips to the games.  I'll be posting a tutorial on the albums sometime next week =)

And here are my finished pages ready to add photos to the albums.
 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my journal pages.



No comments:

Post a Comment