Thursday, May 24, 2018

Hey Hot Stuff!!

When I saw these adorable dragons from Pink & Main, I knew I had to have them - it wasn't a want, it was a serious need lol.  They are so adorable and the variety of stamps in this set allows for many different cards/projects to be made.  I decided to make a birthday card for my hubby.  Manly cards are sometimes tough but this set made it so easy!

I started out by die cutting the pieces I knew I would need for this card.  Having the coordinating dies make these projects a breeze!!  I did forget the candle at first, so I had to go back and add it.  After all, what's a birthday cake without a candle?!?


Next I used my Tim Holtz Stamp platform to stamp all my pieces. I used a little washi tape on the back to hold the pieces in place which makes stamping so much easier!


Onto the coloring.  I am relatively  new to the Zig markers, but really love the ease and final look of using them.  I kept this project simple - only using one color for a blend.


Here are all my pieces colored and ready for the card.  I only used 6 markers total on this one.  Hubby's favorite colors are blue and green - which make a fun combination to work with.


I had my card layout sketched on a post-it prior to doing any stamping/coloring so paper choice was easy for this card.  I knew I wanted something simple but still have a fun element.


My plan was to  have my birthday cake in the corner being revealed from the top layer.  I used a circle die and cut away the corner to expose the fun confetti layer below, which the cake will decorate.  I did place the pieces to gauge how big the circle needed to be, then ran that through my Big Shot.


Time for assembly!  I added my green mat first.  Then adhered the top layer to the confetti layer, then placed those on the card.  Added all my die cut pieces and a little bling - every card needs something shiny lol.  And here's the completed card.


The flames got a little sparkle from a Clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.


I did use a couple Glossy Dots a well (just don't tell him they were from the Birthday Girl set lol!)

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my fun card!

Goodies used on this card:
Pink & Main Fired Up Stamps and Dies
Pink & Main Stitched Rounded Rectangle Dies
Pink & Main Glossy Dots (Birthday Girl)
Kuqqa Stitched Circle Dies
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Archival Ink ~ Jet Black
Zig Clean Color Real Bursh Watercolor Markers
Bazzill Cardstock
DCWV The Birthday Wishes Stack
ColorBox Chalk ~ Blue Lagoon
Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
Foam Tape


I have entered my card in the Pink & Main Challenge #30 ~ Anything Goes Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment