Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Easter Blessings

I have a super fun Easter card for y'all today!!  Took me FOREVER to finish it as I' still in my lovely arm splint, but it was so worth the challenge to finish it lol.  Are these little chicks not the absolute cutest?!?!




Here's how I created this card:

The base is a piece of cardstock cut with a slant.  It was cut 3" to 4" and 10 7/8" wide.  To create the grass, I used my Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die and my Sizzix Big Shot.  The edges are distressed using a couple different shades o green Distress Inks. Fold the card in thirds (3 5/8" from both sides).





The basket on the front is cut 3 5/8" wide and 2 1/2" tall.  The lip is 3/4" wide.  You can make these whatever dimensions you want or simply create any type of front for your card.  I distressed my pieces before embossing them.


The sentiment is stamped on a 3/4" piece of pink cardstock with chalked edges. I then added some Liquid Pearls to resemble tacks to attach the sentiment.





Once all my pieces were cut for my chicks, the edges all needed to be chalked. After they are all done, it's time to assemble them.  These awesome files come with a base for you to assemble the pieces on, making the back a solid piece ~ which is great for this type of card!  I cut my bases from yellow cardstock so they would look cute from behind as well.  Once everything is assembled, it's time to place your chicks behind the grass.   I placed all mine so they were still mostly visible when the card was flat.



For this fun card I used the following goodies:
KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ Eggsploding Sweetness
Lawn Fawn Grassy Border Die
Scrappy Moms Spring Fling Stamps
Paper Studio  Wood Grain Embossing Folder
Distress Inks ~ walnut stain, rusty hinge, mowed lawn, peeled paint
ColorBox Chalks ~ Pumpkin Spice, Blue Lagoon, Burnt Sienna, Orchid Pastel
Pebbles Classic Chalks
Archival Jet Black Ink Pad
Bazzill Cardstock
Liquid Pearls ~ Platinum Pearl
Tombow Mono Liquid Glue
White Gelly Roll Pen
Black Recollections Pen
Silhouette Cameo
BigShot 
Stamp Perfect



No comments:

Post a Comment