Friday, May 25, 2018

Adventures

Have y'all seen the new files from KaDoodle Bug Designs?!?  When I saw the rustic/country files I was so excited.  I have had this blank wooden plaque for months... I knew I wanted to do something with it, but no inspiration ever hit me.... until I saw this awesome file!  It's the PG Bear Adventure Silhouette.


I knew the Mama bear with her cub would be perfect for this piece.  So I started out sizing the bears and the adventure sentiment with the arrow in my Silhouette Cameo software.  I cut those from some scrap vinyl to use as stencils.  The bears were going to cover up the area I did not want painted and I wanted the negative to paint the quote and arrow.


I had to sand the wood plaque as it was very rough and I knew the vinyl wouldn't stick.


I added the bears to the top using masking tape.


Once the mask was removed, the bears were in place for me to start painting.


I added a very light layer of white paint - I didn't want the entire piece covered.  Just enough to give it a distressed look.


Now it's time to add some color.  I chose a green chalk paint.  Again, keeping it sparingly to add to the distressed look.  I did sand some of the green off as it seemed too much in some areas.


Time to remove the bears and expose the wood.


I always stain after I paint as it gives the paint layers an aged look.  I used a pine stain over the entire wood plaque.  The bears really stood out after this step.


Next, place the sentiment and arrow in the center just below the bears.  Using the negative will act like a stencil.


I used some turquoise acrylic paint over the open areas of the vinyl.


After the paint has dried, remove the vinyl and project complete.


I LOVE how this turned out and can't wait to add it to my living room décor.

Thanks for stopping by!
















No comments:

Post a Comment