Friday, May 25, 2018

You Complete Me

Do you ever see a stamp set and think to yourself.. yes I must have that one!!  Look at all those possibilities?!?  Well that was me when I saw the To Pieces set from Pink & Main.  I loved the puzzle pieces die and thought it would be fun for so many different cards.  So of course, I added that to my collection lol.


I wanted to go for an ombre look for my puzzle pieces, so I picked two distress inks and used Bristol paper.  Bristol paper is great for projects like this as it does not dry right away.  The ink stays on top of the paper allowing for some amazing blends.


I used one color on each end and got a little lighter towards the middle - blending just a little.


I then used the puzzle piece die to cut the section of pieces out.  I also stamped them with the coordinating stamp.


Next, I cut my pieces I knew I was going to use ~ I chose the little bear standing up and the two hearts.


Next, I stamped the images using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and some ink.  


Now, off to color my images.  I LOVE using the Zig markers - they blend so beautifully and the color options are vast.  I didn't use too many colors for this project, what you see is what I used lol.


I then created my background by adding some washi tape across the patterned paper.  It adds a nice touch to the bold black background.  I then added the puzzle pieces, hearts, my sentiment piece and the cute bear.  Finished it off with some white pen accents on the puzzle pieces.



Goodies used on this card:
Pink & Main To Pieces Stamps and Dies
Pink & Main Rounded Stitched Rectangle Dies
Pink & Main Glossy Dots ~ Birthday Girl
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Water Color Markers
Bristol Paper
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Archival Jet Black Ink
Distress Ink ~ dusty concord and picked raspberry
Recollections Paper Pad
ColorBox Chalk ~ Charcoal
Washi Tape
Foam Tape



This card has been entered in the Pink & Main Challenge #30 ~ Anything Goes Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment