Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Meal Planning

Planning weekly meals can be such a challenge!  I'm trying to eat better and I find planning out the entire week makes it so much easier to stick to that plan.  If I cook enough for dinner the night before, it will make an easy lunch the next day.  So I took on the challenge to make a quick and easy way to plan our meals.

It's no secret I'm a HUGE Whovian and love all things related to this series.  This set from Kindred Stamps, Time Traveler is my all time favorite!!


I knew this set would make the perfect addition to my meal planner.  So I started out creating a basic plan in my Silhouette Design Studio.  I found a cool image on Bing for the background - which is the Doctor's name written in Gallifreyan. And if you wanna be a little geeky, you can translate your name too here lol. (yes I did mine 😀)


I then printed my image out and trimmed it down to the size I wanted.  Now onto the mat board background.  

I wanted to create a night sky using Distress Inks and the perfect paper to use is Bristol.  It is really smooth and the ink just sits on top, making it super easy to blend.




I chose my 3 colors - 2 blue shades and a purple shade.  I started out applying the tumbled glass and chipped sapphire.


Then added in my dusty concord in the white areas.


Since the ink was still sitting on top of the paper, I blended over the whole area with the tumbled glass.  Because the ink takes a while to dry, I used my heat gun to dry it.



I then ran the finished night sky through my Xyron so it would be easy to apply to the mat board.  The mat board is nice and thick, giving it the perfect thickness for stability.


Now it's time to add the weekly plan image to the front of the mat board background.  I again ran it through the Xyron.  I love using the Xyron as it's quick and the adhesive doesn't make a mess.


I stamped and colored my images with my Zig markers then used the PixScan mat to cut them out.  They made a trip through the Xyron as well.


Then I applied each one to an area I liked.  Since this is being laminated, they won't be ruined when I write my weekly meal plan.



Once everything was adhered and placed in the right position, I grabbed a laminating sheet and placed my mat board inside it.


Ran that through my laminating machine and trimmed off the excess on the edges.  Turned it over and added a magnet so it could hang on the fridge.


And here's my finished meal planner.


 Close up of my Angel and Doctor ~ yes, bowties are cool!





Thanks for stopping by today!!


Goodies used on this project:
Bristol 100lb. paper
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
Xyron Creative Station
Neenah Solar White cardstock
Sizzix Little Sizzles Mat Board
Distress Ink ~ dusty concord, chipped sapphire, tumbled glass
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
Archival Ink - Jet Black 
Laminating Sheet


No comments:

Post a Comment