Friday, May 4, 2018

Happy Birthday Decoder Card

Birthday cards can be so much fun to make!  I love the excitement the birthday person gets when they see a handmade card and the more interactive it is, the better.  So today I'm sharing a  really fun decoder card - might take you back a few years to your childhood lol.

I used the new Little Hatchem's Birthday Surprise file.  It's so cute, I couldn't resist creating her.



To start, I got all my pieces arranged on my mat to cut.  I wanted the decoder messages to be in balloons, so I took a few from the Celebrate the New Year file.  I sized those based on the stamps I was going to use, then created a larger sized balloon to use for the decoder.  Here you can see everything on my mat getting cut.


Next, I removed the balloons but did not unload my mat.  This allowed me to stamp my sentiment then doodle over the top.  I used a light blue distress ink for the stamping.


Put them back on the mat to be doodled.


Then I sent the doodle designs to my Cameo and it drew them over the stamped sentiments.


I'm not too fond of the HB2U stamp, but the other 2 look great!


Time to assemble my birthday bear.  I added some stickles and glossy accents to give it a little something extra.

Next, I assembled the decoder balloon.  Normally I'd use my Xryon Creative Station, but just my luck it ran out of adhesive.  So I used some double sided tape and stuck the red mylar to one side.  Then turned the other balloon shape over and applied double sided tape to the back.


Remove the backing and stick them together, making sure you line up the edges.


Test out the decoder to see if you can read the stamped sentiments.



I chose to do a simple base for this card - just a sketched border.  I then added my bear and balloons, which were tied together with some twine.  You'll need to add a couple of eyelets for the decoder to hang on the card, so I chose some pink mini eyelets.


Cut another piece of twine long enough to allow the decoder to reach each balloon.  Tie the decoder piece to the card through the eyelets and test out the card.   Pretty simple, but cute card in the end.




Goodies used on this card:
KaDoodle Bug Designs Little Hatchem's Birthday Surprise
KaDoodle Bug Designs Cutie KaToodles ~ Celebrate the New Year
Scrappy Moms Stamps Hooray for Birthdays and More Mini Messages
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ tumbled glass
Recollections cardstock
Bazzill Cardstock
ColorBox Chalks ~ Grey White, Blue Lagoon, Warm Green, Berrylicious, Burnt Sienna, Chestnut Roan, and Warm Violet
Pebbles Classic Chalks ~ Black
Stickles ~ Firefly and Tropical Tangerine
Recollections Black Pen
Signo White Pen
Glossy Accents
Paper*Mate Ink Joy Pen ~ Red
Chomas Creations Pen Holder
Foam Tape
Double Sided Tape
Red Mylar
American Crafts Mini Eyelets
Scrappy Mom's Pink/White Twine







No comments:

Post a Comment