Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Time Traveler Candle

A few years back I colored a digi stamp and added it to a candle, which was really fun creating a fun project.  It seems to be all the rage these days so I decided to use stamped images on tissue paper this time around.



No surprise I chose to work with the Time Traveler set and the really cool Outer Space set from Kindred Stamps.  They are the GO TO place for all pop culture stamps!

So I started out looking for a cool space background.  This one was pretty cool as it reminds me of one of my favorite parts of the series.  I sized it to fit around the candle I was using.  I then took my stamp outlines I got from using my PixScan Mat with my Cameo.  I placed everything where I wanted it then printed it on regular copy paper.  Then apply a piece of white tissue paper covering your printed image, SHINY side up.



Now it's time to stamp the images in place.  I masked my Time Traveler to ensure he was in front of the telephone box.


  I then stamped all my worlds from the Outer Space set. Now onto coloring!!


I chose to use my Prismacolor pencils for this project.  You color the same as you would on paper but you wouldn't use anything to blend the colors.  I do not use anything to blend when I color with pencils on any medium.  Once you have your images colored, remove the tissue paper from the copy paper.



Next, you'll want to gently tear your edges of the tissue paper.  If I had left a white border, it helps the edges not be seen.  However, I chose to to do the space scene so I just did some heavy tears along the top - I didn't want it flush with the top.



Time to position the tissue paper on the candle.  There is nothing holding the tissue paper in place.  It's just kinda clings to the candle



You'll want to wrap the candle with some wax paper or parchment paper, keeping enough in the back for a "handle" so you don't burn yourself.  Grab that heat gun and slowly heat the candle, but do not hold the heat gun in one place for too long or you will melt your candle.



And just like that ~ you have a custom made candle!






Thanks for stopping by to check out this fun candle!!





No comments:

Post a Comment