Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Hibiscus Hello

Tonight I'm sharing a tropical eclipse cared with y'all.  I love the look of these cards and this one was a challenge.  I decided to use a paper piecing to cut my big bold sentiment out of, which was a little more than I thought it was going to be.  There were many pieces that needed to be reattached to the main hello die cut, but in the end, I LOVE how it turned out.

To start, I cut all my pieces on my Silhouette Cameo and wanted to use my eBrush to ink the edges. I use Sharpie markers in my eBrush.




Here is my beautiful hibiscus flower assembled.


Next, I took my big hello die from Pink & Main and cut it out of my assembled hibiscus.


Take the word out of the piecing carefully, saving all those little pieces so when it's reassembly time you will have all those pieces.  I should have made the flower bigger so there were fewer pieces, but it wasn't hard to keep track of all the small pieces.


I cut 6 of the hello sentiments out of white cardstock to layer which will raise the hello from the flower once assembled.


Here you can see the flower reassembled.  I did cut another base piece to attach all the pieces to so it would be one finished piece. 


I chose to keep the card simple so the flower would really pop.  I added a few pieces of chunky glitter for a little bling.





Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card!

Goodies used on this card:
KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ Tropical Hibiscus
Pink & Main ~ Hello Die
eBrush
Sharpie Markers
Bazzill Cardstock
Recollections Cardstock
Paper Studio ~ At the Beach Stack
Recollections Chunky Glitter

d

No comments:

Post a Comment