Monday, March 19, 2018

Easter Challenge

Today starts a new challenge over at KaDoodle Bug Designs.  This challenge will run for 2 weeks to allow those that are on Spring Break a chance to join the fun.  We will be doing an Easter themed tic-tac-toe challenge.  Here are your options below:



For this challenge, I chose to decorate a page out of my traveling journal dedicated to my family. 



The file I am working with is a newbie from KBD called Bunny Tail Basket.  It reminds me of my sons first Easter when he was playing with his Easter basket.


To make my background papers for the pages, I decided to break out the gel press and my favorite dylusions paints.  I also used a flower stencil on one page for some added texture.





 

I matted both of my pages on white cardstock and adhered them to the pages of my book.


I cut all my pieces for the adorable basket and bunny bum on my Cameo.  As usual, I chalked and airbrushed all my edges.


Here's my completed piecing.  I added some bling to make some of the pieces stand out.


Instead of just placing my images on the pages, I chose to create a little mini album to display many Easter pics. I cut all my pieces using my BigShot and the Sizzix Mini Album Die.



I then selected my mats/background papers for each page and cut those.  



Time to assemble each page.  The album binding is a piece of twine for a rustic charm.  I then adhered the entire album to my journal page.





Goodies used on this project:
KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ Bunny Tail Basket
doodlebug designs ~ easter express paper pad
DCWV Corrugate Neutral Stack
Bazzill cardstock
Recollections cardstock
Core'dinations cardstock
Gel Press
dylusions paint ~ vibrant turquoise, mushy peas, bubble gum pink
Heidi Swapp Stencil
BigShot
Sizzix Mini Album Die
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Scrappy Moms ~ Spring Fling Stamps
Archival Jet Black Ink
Ribbon
Twine
eBrush
Sharpies
ColorBox Chalks ~ Pink Pastel, Blue Lagoon, Sour Apple, Burnt Sienna, Wisteria, Chestnut Roan, and Berrylicious
Enamel Accents ~ Black
Stickles ~ Tropical Tangerine, Orange Peel, Eucalyptus, and Yellow



No comments:

Post a Comment