Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Wishing you a very Happy Easter

Today I'm sharing another Easter card with y'all.  Instead of paper piecing, I decided to create a digi stamp with the new Eggie Easter Chick file.  I put all the pieces together in my Silhouette Studio, turned them all white and printed out the digi to color.



Since this is such a cute file, I decided to try out a new card technique as well.  I love interactive cards - they seem to have a little extra something special and when I saw the mini blind cards, I knew this would be perfect.




I followed the tutorial on SplitCoast Stampers, but altered it a little, as I still wanted my card to open like a traditional card.  

I cut all my pieces for the front - I used my Pink & Main dies so the dimensions are little different than listed.


Before assembling, I had to color my cute digi.



I also wanted the card front to resemble the inside of a house, with the cute image being outside on a sunny day. So I used the blue background for the sky, cut a circle for the sun, added some clouds and grass then added my digi.



I then finished assembling my card - I placed my window on a standard card base.


I stamped my sentiment on the inside of this card.


And to show you the mini blind in action, here's a little clip

Hope you have enjoyed this card!

Goodies used on this card:
KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ Eggie Easter Chick
Pink & Main ~ Rounded Rectangle Stitched Dies
Lawn Fawn ~ Grassy Borders Die
Stitched Circle Dies
Pink & Main Plane Sweet Stamps and Dies
Lawn Fawn ~ Easter Party Stamps 
PrismaColor Pencils
Authentique Paper ~ Springtime Four
Bazzill Cardstock
ColorBox Chalk ~ Warm Green, Pink Pastel, Harvest, and Creamy Brown
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Archival  Jet Black Ink
Distress Marker ~ evergreen bough (stamped clouds)
Ribbon






No comments:

Post a Comment