Friday, March 23, 2018

Hippity Hoppy....

Just when I think I'm done with my Easter cards, KBD releases more adorable cuties!!  This new Marshmallow Bunny was calling my name so I had to create with her lol.  You know you want to add this file to your collection! lol


And what better way to use a new file than on a new card style?  I think it's fun to create scenes with different layers to cards, so this Joy Fold card is a perfect base.





I started out by planning my layers - the top I wanted to be a bunny trail on a beautiful sunny day.  My next layer I wanted the little basket with goodies left behind and on the inside I wanted that adorable bunny to be found.

I cut all my pieces for the bunny and basket, then chalked/inked all the edges.  I do give a complete list of the colors i used below if anyone ever wonders what I use.


Now for the card... you will want to cut the following pieces of cardstock:
Solid Cardstock:
Main Base - 4 1/4" x 8 1/2"
Top Base - 3" x 8"

Pattern Paper
Main Base Pattern Paper - 4" x 5 1/4"
Main Base Flaps (2) 2 3/4" x 4"
Top Base Flaps (2) 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"

Mat pieces for the pattern paper (optional)
Main Base 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Main Base Flaps (2) 2 7/8" x 3 7/8"
Top Base Flaps (2) 2 7/8" x 3 7/8"


You will SCORE the main base piece at 5 1/2" and the top base at 4".


Adhere the main base mat and patterned paper to the main base piece.  If your patterned paper has a directional layout, be sure the main base flap is on the LEFT side of your card.


Then adhere the layers for your flap on the left.  (The Main Base Flap pieces)


Turn your card over and adhere the other Main Base Flap pieces you have cut


For the top base, you are going to want the fold to be on your RIGHT side as you decorate the top.


Open the top piece up and adhere your decorative paper and mat to the LEFT hand flap - the right side will be for your sentiment or message.


Now is the perfect time to stamp your sentiment on the RIGHT side.


Take your top base and attach it to the card base, again keep the fold of the main base to your RIGHT and the fold of the top base to your LEFT.



To secure your top flap, add a small embellishment on the left side of the card using foam tape on half of your item.


Now you can decorate the panels to your liking.

I added some sparkle to my Peeps to resemble sugar.


If you have any questions about the tutorial, please let me know!  I'm more than happy to help anyone who gets stumped or has questions.  You can add a comment here or send me a message on my Facebook page.

Thanks for visiting!!

Goodies used on this card:
KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ Marshmallow Bunny Cutie
KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ Hoppy Easter (the basket)
Xyron Creative Station
BigShot
Circle Stitched Dies
Pink & Main Plane Sweet Dies
Lawn Fawn ~ Grassy Border Die
Die-namics ~ Snow Drifts Die
Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid
DoodleBug Designs ~ easter express paper pad
Authentique Paper ~ Springtime
Bazzill Cardstock
Recollections Cardstock
ColorBox Chalk ~ Sour Apple, Warm Green, Ocean, Harvest, Berrylicious, and Pink Pastel
Pebbles Classic Chalks
Recollections Black Pen
Signo White Pen
Tim Holtz Stamp Pad
Archival Jet Black Ink
Studio G Easter Stamp







No comments:

Post a Comment