Wednesday, March 28, 2018

New bookmark

I'm one of those people that has yet to transition to digital reading.  There's something special about holding a good book in your hand, turning the pages in anticipation of what will happen next and of course the smell of the paper.  I'm not sure I'll even give up reading a book I can physically hold lol.  So what better way to keep my place than a new handmade bookmark?!  I'm always looking for one so I resort to grabbing the nearest scrap of paper or receipt - not an issue anymore.  I now have this adorable bookmark to hold my place.



The adorable image is from Gerda Steiner Designs called Snoozing Cat - I really like the little mouse peeking from the stack of books.

I used my Tim Holtz Sizzix  Tag Collection dies to make this bookmark base.  I also cut out a small tag and added a fun quote about reading.  Adhered that to my bookmark with a pink glittery enamel dot. Then laminated the base so it wouldn't get damaged.  I added a fun ribbon and twine bow and now I have a fun girly bookmark.  Off to read my next adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment