Thursday, April 5, 2018

Lets Go Fishing!

One of my favorite things to do growing up was go fishing!  It was so much fun being out at the lake with my Dad, just sitting there enjoying the peace.  Didn't matter if we caught anything or not, it was time well spent.  What I wouldn't give to have one more of those days.

I am a country girl at heart and love decorating my house with bears, moose and other country critters.  I've always loved the Hooked on You file from KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ moose and fishing!  What could be better?!?


I chose to create this cute fishing moose out of wood and make a décor piece for the house.  Once I had my pattern sized and cut, I traced it on my piece of pine wood.  Then spent the next hour or so cutting it on my scroll saw.  Here are all the pieces, ready for painting/staining and assembly.


Next, I added the lines for the sections that would be painted.


Once the lines were drawn, I painted and stained the pieces.  After letting them dry overnight, I started the assembly process.  I attached the shoes and hands and let those dry.


As those were drying, I decided to get my fishing line assembled.  I wanted the pole to resemble a real set up... hook, line and sinker lol.  I got out my Dad's old tackle box and grabbed a hook, sinker, little bobber and some fishing line.


Once the first set of pieces were dried, I went ahead and painted on the eyes so I could glue on the antlers and nose.


After those sections dried, I finished up the eyes and attached my hooked fish.  I absolutely LOVE how cute he turned out.



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my cool moose!


2 comments: