Thursday, August 2, 2018

Who doesn't love ice cream?!

Afternoon crafty peeps!  It's been a little bit since I've created with paper ~ been super busy finishing up some quilting projects and starting a new quilt.  Quilting is my favorite hobby and I love the ability to create beautiful keepsakes.  So that's where I've been lol.

When I saw the current freebie from KaDoodle Bug Designs, I thought it would make a super cute birthday card. It's so cute you can use it for any type of card or a scrapbook layout.



Told ya it was a cutie! lol  So I cut all my pieces like normal on my Cameo machine.


This time around, I chose to distress my edges with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I generally only use ColorBox Chalks, but thought I would try something new this time.  I did use 4 of my chalks as I didn't have the colors close to them in Distress Ink ~ guess that gives a reason to add to my collection!


I then assembled my adorable bear and added all the little details.


I wanted to keep the card a little simple, so I went with a soft grey background and added balloons to the corners.  I used the adorable Weekend Stamp and Die set from Sweet Stamp Shop to stamp my simple sentiment on.  Love the final look of this card.


Goodies used on this card:
KaDoodle Bug Designs ~ Ice Cream Cone Bear
doodlebug design, inc ~ sugar shoppe paper stack
Sweet Stamp Shop ~ weekend stamp and die
Pink & Main Cupcake Mini stamp set
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Archival Jet Black Ink
Recollections Cardstock
Bazzill Cardstock
Distress Inks ~ antique linen, picked raspberry, rusty hinge, Victorian velvet, and walnut stain
ColorBox Chalks ~ Chestnut Roan, Ocean, Toffee, Creamy Brown
Pebbles Classic Chalks
Recollections Black Pen
Gelly Roll Pen ~ White
Foam Tape



No comments:

Post a Comment